Gospel Singer, KSB Explains Why She Is Not Well Respected In The Music Industry - wavenaija

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Monday 19 February 2018

Gospel Singer, KSB Explains Why She Is Not Well Respected In The Music Industry


Gospel music act, Kenny Saint Best has revealed why she was denied her honourary in the music industry.

The singer who was signed under Kennis Music said signing under the label was a disadvantage to her career because it was owned by his elder brother, Kenny Ogungbe.
According to her, she wasn’t given desired credit because lots of people thought she was using the influence of her brother.
In her words;
“When I joined the music industry, it was not easy to convince people that I was talented. They felt that my brother had a hand in everything I was doing. People didn’t give me credit for music; they only knew me as Kenny Ogungbe’s younger sister. It was as if I didn’t deserve any credibility as an artist.
“Anywhere I visited, they would address me as Baba Keke’s sister. I didn’t like that at all.To get to where I am today, I had to prove myself to the world. I needed to work harder. I didn’t want to ride on my brother’s hard work. I thank God I was able to earn people’s respect in the long run.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here